Sunday, May 22, 2016

Why'd I Come Back Early?

Back in January, I told a little "story" on here. It was the story of how I was leaving my teaching position in the States and heading back to Senegal much earlier than expected. I answered questions I'd been asked in regards to my return. I wrote about how I was going to miss the people and things who'd made my experience in Selma, Alabama a great one. And I answered a few more questions.
And then a few days after I landed, I wrote a post, exclaiming that I was finally back in this place I truly love. I talked about how people were asking me how it felt to be back in Dakar and each time, I'd respond the same way...

It feels normal. I feel like I'm home again.

I wasn't supposed to come back until August. I'd been talking with the school's director and elementary principal, making plans for next school year. But at the same time, having this feeling deep in my gut that God had a different plan. So when they asked me if I'd consider coming in February, instead, I prayed about it and said a definite YES. 
All the while, I had the same questions running through my head...

Why does God want me to go back so early? What's He planning?

And while I can't know specifically the answer to those questions, I've had little glimpses here and there since arriving back here...

And every single one has had to do with the 10 main reasons I came back to Senegal earlier than planned.

Throughout the day, in the midst of planning lessons, teaching, completing projects, "tutoring" in speech, watching my kids practice and play ball games, settling disputes, correcting behaviors, class discussions, sharing the Word, praying, and so much more, I see it...

I see so many reasons daily as to why God led me back here early. 

And I'm thankful.

I'm thankful God knows best.

I'm thankful that God's timing is always perfect.

I'm thankful God has a master plan for my life.

And whether I ever fully, 100%, know the reason He led me back here so early, or not...

One thing is for sure.

I will always be thankful that He did.

My life has been so blessed in the past few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment