Thursday, January 28, 2016

Oh Selma - I'll miss you.


When I first came back to the States, I prayed for the perfect teaching job to open up. 

prayed for a school with good admin, good co-workers, and good kids.

And y'all...

God came through!


I have been so blessed by my time in Selma. I am so eternally grateful for this past year and a half. I will cherish the memories made while working here.

I'm going to miss this place. I'm going to miss...

...the loud "Hey Miss Nichols" from clear across Walmart.

...the sweet hugs and "Good Morning Miss Nichols" every morning.

...early morning meet-ups at Sonic.

...chatting with kids during breakfast duty.

...hearing "That white lady? Oh that's Ms. Nichols. She's my teacher. She's nice." **Seriously, this one never gets old :)

...celebrating on the little things, like a 5th grader making his first ever A on a reading test, a 3rd grader finally learning how to write her name, or a nonverbal child saying her first word.

...the laughter and joy during the staff Christmas party.

...meeting with supportive parents and fellow staff, all working together for the good of the child.


And I think what I'll miss the most are the chats with the 3 ladies on my team at work. I'll miss eating breakfast and lunch with them. I'll miss putting our heads together, working to find just the right assignment, commiserating on the annoying-ness of SPED paperwork, Sonic slushie runs before work, ridiculously long meetings made better by having a partner in crime there with me, field trips, laughing until we're crying, and most of all - the encouragement and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment