Monday, August 8, 2016

The Big "4"

Exactly 4 years ago I became an aunt. 

I'll never forget those first few pictures sent to me via text all the way in Senegal...

 

I'd never loved another human as much as I loved (love) that little girl (and now her sister).

 

From the very first time I met and held her in the Birmingham airport at a little over 4 months old, I felt my world was just a little brighter.

 

Spending time with her quickly became one of my most favorite pastimes. It didn't matter if we were just sitting around...

 

Or cheering on our favorite team...

 

 

Or if we're playing or going outside and picking flowers. And seeing that sweet smile and those eyes light up is all it takes for me to join in.

 

 

We have our periodic Daisy/Zizzie Dates when I'm home. Although, she's not selfish. She'd much rather we invite Granny and little sister along too :)

 

 

 

She is one spoiled little girl, but it's worth it. She deserves it :)

 

She's a "ham" for the camera and can totally make me laugh, grinning and posing for a picture :)

 

 

Or showing off our "muscles"...

 

Any day spent with her (and her sister) is a good day for me...

 

This little love bug has totally stolen my heart.

 

Happy Birtbday Sweet Girl!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment