Sunday, August 7, 2016

My 31st by the Hour

A fellow blogger, Erikadid a fun style of an A Day in the Life post the other day, where instead of just posting random pictures, she did one picture each hour. 

So I thought I'd "copy" her idea... 

And because I know you're all just dying to know all about how my birthday went yesterday, here ya go...

7:30 - I'd been awake for a little while, but didn't want to out of bed. So I'd been praying and thinking and also listening to my Worship playlist on my phone.

 

8:00 - I ended up calling my mom last night and talking for a long, long time, using up all the minutes on my phone. So I had to go get more credit this morning.

 

8:30 - After that, I came back home to grab a bite for breakfast and to feed my houseguest who's staying with me while his family is traveling.

 

9:00 - I then went to the school to bum their wifi and enjoy the A/C because my apartment was ridiculously hot. Then a friend who just arrived back, asked if I wanted to ride along to the store so we could chat and catch up.

 

10:00 - I opened my birthday bag of gifts from my Mom and also enjoyed a nice cold Dr Pepper (a gift from a student). 

 

11:00 - I then headed to lunch with friends.

 

12:00 - We ate lunch at Feel Juice Dakar. A salad bar in Dakar? Who knew?! It was delicious!

 

12:30 - Yay for birthday presents from friends!

 

1:00 - On the road...

 

2:00 - Grocery shopping with a photo bomber makes for fun times :)

 

3:00 - Tabaski's almost here, so rams are everywhere.

 

4:00 - We made a quick pit stop at another grocery store closer to home that had some food items cheaper.

 

4:30 - Once home, I did a little afternoon reading on the subject of faith.

 

5:00 - Nap time now involves a ceiling fan, 2 stand fans, and me trying to somehow stay cool in the sauna that is my bedroom.

 

6:00 - I made my favorite cake for my birthday dessert for tonight's dinner. I love strawberry cake with strawberry frosting!

 

7:00 - I then headed to dinner with my "family away from family" and my fellow August 6 birthday buddy :)

 

8:00 - Funny "gift" of the night... Slim jims ;)

 

8:30 - We watched Big Fat Greek Wedding 2. I think I liked it better than the first one.

 

10:00 - At this point, the movie was over and this cutie wanted some attention ;)

 

11:00 - Headed home after a long, but totally fun and blessed day :)

 

11:39 - I got home and ready for bed and then finished up this post, so it'd be ready to publish the next day.

 

And with that, I bid my 31st goodnight. 

4 comments:

  1. So funny that Scout made the cut for the photos! :) Thanks for sharing part of your special day with us! And, just for the record, people should know that I offered to bake your cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FYI - To anyone who reads this... Marla did offer to bake my birthday cupcakes, but I graciously refused as I didn't think it was fair for her to have to bake something she wouldn't have been able to eat ;)

      Delete
  2. I may recognize your house guest. Cleanest turtle in town!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He used to be... I think he needs a bath. I've let him embrace his inner messiness ;)

      Delete