Monday, February 15, 2016

Happy Birthday to this guy...

On this day 29 years ago, I lost my title as Only Child and was promoted to Big Sister


At the young age of 18 months, you obviously can't fully grasp the serious awesomeness that title bestows upon you :)


It gives you a playmate. It gives you a partner in the "our mom made us wear this ridiculousness" game called life. It gives you a friend for life...


It gives you someone to help out and maybe even someone to look up to...


Over the years things changed. He was no longer the annoying little boy that got me in trouble all the time. He was the elementary school kid, ready to beat the mess out of some middle schooler who wanted to mess with me on the bus. He was my confidant, who I could tell all my secrets to and he'd never tell. He was the one who calmed my nerves on the way to school that morning, when that girl ran a stop sign and hit our car, spinning it out of control, leaving me thinking we were going to die. He was the one I missed when I went to college and I didn't have anyone to talk to anymore on my drives to school. 


He was the one who made me beam with pride, through my happy tears, the day he helped me get the title of Sister-in-Law


And then a few years later, he was the man who helped to give me the greatest title yet, Aunt Zizzie


He is my airport dropper offer and picker upper and always gives me a hug, even when it might "hurt his image." :)


He makes me laugh and always can lift my spirits.


We're both grown-ups now. But he'll always be my little Bubba :)


And do you want to know something?

I am so immensely proud of the man he's become. If I find a man even half as great as he is one day, I'll be happy :)

I love you Dude.

I hope today is your best birthday yet! You deserve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment