Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Missions - My Story


Today I'm linking out with Andrea at Momfessionals Blog and discussing missions.


I was raised in church and always looked at missionaries as heroes of our faith. I thought it was so cool that these men and women and children would leave everything behind and go around the world telling people about the love of Jesus. Little did I know that one day I would be like those people.

In 2004, I went on my first mission trip to the Canary Islands. God had called me to be a missionary, but just hadn't told me where at that point. 


The following year I went to South Africa and that is where God place the continent of Africa on my heart. I knew one day I would be back. I didn't know when or how or where. But I would be back.

Fast forward 4 years. On July 30, 2009, I stepped off the plane in Dakar. Senegal, West Africa for the first time. And it may sound cliché, but the minute my feet hit the ground, I knew I was home. 


I spent five years there. I taught at Dakar Academy, a K-12 international, Christian school. And while I taught reading and writing and math and all the usual subjects, I was also able to teach the love of Jesus to children who may never have heard it otherwise. 



I was also able to spend time with our other AG missionaries in the area, visiting Senegalese churches and pastors, helping in ministry projects, and just loving on the people. 

I took a break, so to speak, and have spent the last 17 months here in the States. I was able to serve my parents by providing support as my dad neared the end of his life and in the months after. 

And while I have thoroughly enjoyed my time in the States, especially being able to be here for my parents, I know the time has come for me to go back. 


I've recently been approved to go back to Senegal as a Missionary Associate with the Assemblies of God World Missions Department. 

What will I be doing? The plan is for me to, once again, teach at Dakar Academy and then assist my fellow AG missionaries however God allows.


I'm currently in the beginning stages of the budget raising process. While I don't have the exact amount yet, I will be getting that soon. There will be a certain amount to raise in monthly commitments and there will also be a certain amount to raise in one time cash donations. 

I feel blessed that God is allowing me to go back on this adventure. And I look forward to seeing how He will work through me. 

If you would like to be a part of this adventure, there are many ways for you to do so...

1. Pray. Pray for open doors and favor, as I contact pastors and others to gather financial support. Pray for God's will to be done above all else. And pray for me to adequately share my passion for Dakar Academy and the country of Senegal.

2. Commit to give monthly. The monthly commitments that I get are what helps me survive from month to month while on the field. This is my salary, so to speak. This is what helps me eat and live and work with each month.

3. Commit to give a one (or more) time cash donation. This is what pays for my plane ticket to Senegal. It helps me set up a living space. It helps me purchase supplies for my ministry in Senegal. And it helps me with unexpected emergency expenses that may arise, among other things.

Want to know how to give? 

1. You can click here. Once you get to the page, click on "Give Now" at the bottom of your screen. That will take you to the Giving page.

2. Or you can email me at enichols85@gmail.com and I'll help you out.

*FYI - All monetary gifts made this way or tax deductible. :)

If you have any questions about what I'll be doing in Senegal, about the AGWM (Assemblies of God World Missions Department), about Dakar Academy, or about missions in general, just comment on this post or email me at enichols85@gmail.com and I'd be happy to chat with you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment