Sunday, August 9, 2015

Lions and Tigers and Bears Oh My :)

This past week was birthday week for our family. 

My birthday was Thursday. We'll save how I feel about that is for another post :)

Anywho... On Saturday we spent the day with my brother and his family to the zoo. But first, we stopped by their house to deliver some presents for the girls. And I got the surprise of a gift for me. Yay for birthday gifts! ...especially gifts given to me by my favorite girls :)


 


The reason for this past Saturday's zoo trip was the birthday of one of my favorite girls. ...my oldest niece, Daisy.



When we got to their house, we gave the girls their presents. These chairs have been in the works for quite a while now. And my mom and I were so excited to give them to the girls :)




The girls love sitting in chairs...especially little chairs that are more their size. So way back when, my mom and I had the idea to get them chairs. Since they were different colors, we decided to paint them to match. And of course we'd pick Crimson Red as the color because... Well, duh. Go BAMA :)


See... Even their kitty, Dolly liked the chairs :)



So after the gift giving was over, our caravan made our way to the Birmingham Zoo. If you're local, and haven't been lately, I highly recommend it. It's their 60th anniversary this year. So there's all sorts of deals going on, giving you the chance to visit on the cheap.


While the girls' stroller was getting fixed up and their mommy and daddy were helping the girls get all sunscreened up, Granny got in a little cuddle time.


We saw lots of animals.





  




And my Africa-loving self was excited to see the Trail of Africa signs everywhere. Africa (...more specifically, West Africa) stole my heart 6 years ago, so let's face it. I couldn't help but smile when I saw those signs and animals :)





They also had a little petting zoo too. And while they had lots of animals, it was the "really big pigs" that caught the birthday girl's attention the most...



After the petting zoo, we headed to the splash pad and the birthday girl loved her some water play...




Then we enjoyed a little time sitting, relaxing, eating lunch, and playing on the phone.


And then we visited the carousel and I found out that this little girl LOVES LOVES LOVES the carousel :)



And less you think little sister was nowhere to be found, here are a few shots of her. Little sister loved riding in her stroller. I don't think I've ever seen a kid so happy to be riding around :)




The girls had a ball and may have loved my mom and I being there. But we all know Mommy and Daddy are their 2 most favorite people :)



Even though it was like a gazillion degrees outside (hello Alabama summers), it was so much fun. My mom and I had a blast!


Being with my family is one of my most favorite things. ...even more so now that my nieces are on the scene :)





Y'all, the main reason for this trip, was to help celebrate the birthday of the little girl who stole my heart 3 years ago and gave me the name Zizzie - my oldest niece, Daisy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment