Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Praying for My Country

Ordinarily, because this is the first of the month, I would have done a Hello July post today, listing all the plans I have for the month. 

However, I've had something on my heart all morning that I want to share...

You want to know what's on the top of my list for this month?

Pray for my country.


Unfortunately, this land I call "home" has gone crazy. 

We've got Whites killing Blacks and Blacks killing Whites. 

We've got flags being banned and terrorists making threats.

We've got churches being burned.

We've got bad cops killing unarmed people, and criminals killing good cops. 

We've got mothers choosing to kill their unborn babies. 

And the list goes on and on...

And now on top of that, we've got the Supreme Court of the United States ignoring the U.S. Constitution and making a ruling that goes against the Constitution. 

The SCOTUS ruled that gay "marriage" is legal and now there's the small possibility that one day in the near future pastors will be forced to comply with such a ruling. 

We've got men and women calling themselves Christian, yet ignoring the Bible. 

We've got men and women preaching from the pulpit that it's okay to be transgendered and homosexual because you were born that way

Bull! 

Guys... Sin is sin and it's about time Christians stood up for the Bible. Quit sugar coating and watering down Christianity.

Quit proclaiming that #lovewins in regards to sin. 

You know when #lovewon? 

Love won on the cross over 2000 years ago when a man bore your sins so you could one day have a life in Heaven. 

So as a result of all of that... I'm going to start praying more this month. 

I'm going to pray that this country that I call "home" will turn from its evil ways.

I'm going to pray that this country I love will return to the Christian values on which it was founded.

I'm going to pray that the Christians of this country find the courage to stand up for THE POWERFUL WORD OF GOD.

...for TRUTH.

And just to respond to the naysayers I'm sure I'll have...

I don't use the phrase "love the sinner, but hate the sin" lightly. It's true. I hate no one. 

But y'all, I hate sin. With every fiber of my being, I hate sin. 

...including my own, because I'll be the first to admit that I, Elisabeth Nichols, am not perfect. I sin. And I hate that. I have to daily ask forgiveness for my sins. 

But that's just it. I ask forgiveness for them. I don't stay in sin. I choose to turn from evil. 

So I end with this...

God loves you. God wants you to love Him. Want to love Him and know Him more? Write me at enichols85@gmail.com. I'll be happy to pray with you and tell you all about Him.

And if you disagree with me... That's fine. I don't expect everyone that reads this to love it. But if you would like to discuss anything I've said, or would like proof from the Bible to support anything I've said, please write me at the email address above. I'd love to chat with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment