Friday, May 8, 2015

Special Olympics


Today was Special Olympics for our county/city school systems. I watched our kids, and others, run races, throw softballs and shot puts, and have the time of their lives.


They smiled and laughed and clearly enjoyed themselves. 

And I couldn't help but think... 

Spending time with my own Special Olympics participants this school year has honestly impacted my life.

I love my job. I've always told people that out of the three areas I'm trained/have degrees in, Special Education is my absolute favorite! 

Yes, it's hard work.
Yes, the paperwork drives me nuts.
Yes, it can be exhausting.

But it's still my favorite.

Why?

It's challenging.
It's rewarding.
It's humbling.
It's fun.

And on days like today...

I'm reminded just why I chose this profession.

No comments:

Post a Comment