Monday, April 20, 2015

People



Throughout this whole horribly painful experience my family's gone through, we've noticed something...

There have been countless people who've showed their love to my family and myself.

Some in big ways. Some in little ways.

People like...

...the ones who slipped money into my mom's hand as they left my dad's hospital room, each saying they know how expensive it is to stay such a long time in the hospital.

...the nurses and PCAs who would listen to my mom's questions and cries and show patience while offering encouragement.

...the people who visited, hung out with us in the different waiting rooms, talked with us, laughed and reminisced with us.

...the couple who took notice of my overwhelmed plea for help regarding my taxes and referred me to their guy, even offering to help cover his fee if needed.

...the guy who got my information and took less than 24 hours to do my taxes AND notice something I'd missed in years past, helping me to get a nicely sized refund.

...the friend who sent a Starbucks card, giving me the gift of Chai Tea Lattes :)

...the people who sent cards in the mail, Facebook messages, and emails saying they were praying.

...the friend who sent a sweet little gift in the mail saying, I hope this brings a smile to your face.

...the people who shared sweet messages, thanking my dad for impacting their lives as Believers in Jesus Christ.

...the sweet hospice nurse who loved on my dad and my family up until the end. 

...the family and friends who brought groceries, meals, and paper products to our house.

...my brother's and my bosses who have encouraged us and had no problem with us taking off to be with family at such a critical time.

...all the hugs and I love you's. 

...all the I'm praying for you's.

No comments:

Post a Comment