Sunday, February 1, 2015

Zizzie

This little lady is the one who first made me an aunt. 


I remember Christmas vacation in 2011. It was on that trip back to the States that we got the news that my sister-in-law was pregnant. 


Then I found out she was going to be a girl. I had dreams of buying pink clothes and hair bows and all sorts if frilly cuteness :)


And then on August 8, 2012, I got the text saying, "She's here!!!!!! I'm a daddy!!!!!" I became an aunt. It was so hard going those first 4 months without seeing her. But oh man... Meeting her that December morning was definitely one of the best days of my life.


The love I have for this little girl is unexplainable. She definitely has stolen my heart over the past 2 1/2 years. And now that she can call my name, it makes things all the sweeter :)


The love I have for the one that made me Zizzie began to be multiplied this past May, when her little sister was born.


I remember that day as clearly as if it were yesterday. I was in this middle of a job interview on Skype and I got a text from my brother saying, "Guess what! Vickie's in labor. I'll be a daddy of two girls soon!" Then, right when my interview ended, as things go in West Africa, the power went off. ...and cell service went down. And I had to wait 3 "agonizing" hours before it all came back on so I could hear the news and see the pictures of Niece 2's arrival.


And instantly my heart felt if it were overflowing. I couldn't wait to meet this little beauty, and I was glad that I only had to wait a little less 4 weeks this time and not the 4 months I waited for her sister.


This little girl is just as beautiful as her big sister. She has these big eyes and cute chubby dimpled cheeks that draw you in. And just as before meeting her ranked as one of the best days of my life.


One huge perk to living in the States now is that I've got to spend so much time with my nieces. What a blessing that's been!


I love being Zizzie. It is one of the most wonderfully and joyously awesome things in my life. 


And now, just because I think they're so cute, here are a few more pictures of my two favorite girls...









No comments:

Post a Comment