Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Oh Alabama

Oh Alabama... I used to say that since you're in the Bible Belt, there's no way you'd allow gay marriage. But unfortunately, as we've seen this week, that's no longer true.

As a Christian it makes me sad. I don't understand how a nation whose foundation was built on the Bible can just utterly disregard it. Obviously this isn't the first time our state leaders have done so. And unfortunately I am sure it will not be the last time either.

The Word of God clearly defines homosexuality as a sin. From the beginning of time, marriage was intended to be between a man and a woman. 

God's Word is clear in its description of homosexuality, by saying it is...

...abominable.
...detestable.

And now...

Now my home state has joined many other states in throwing out that part of the Bible. 

Oh Alabama... I had high hopes that you'd stand firm in your stance against this act passing.

You didn't.

You caved. You gave into peer pressure of the political nature. 

It makes me sad.

It makes me so sad.

And it makes me afraid. 

I fear for what God will do to this state I love so much.

When we disregard the Holy Word of God and allow sin to roam free, without repercussions, we must be ready to accept the consequences.

Oh God...

God, please come soon.

*References...

1) Leviticus 18:22


2) Leviticus 20:13


And for those who feel that since those verses are in the Old Testament and no longer apply to people today...

3) 1 Timothy 1:8-11


4) 1 Corinthians 6:9, 18-20



I end with this. It was written by a friend on Facebook yesterday...




P.S. FYI to anyone who reads this and wants to write something ugly/hurtful/hateful/deragatory on this post, or begin a debate, I am happy to discuss it with you through email. I will not let you write such notes on my personal blog. Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment