Thursday, January 29, 2015

Set the World On Fire



The opening lyrics of Britt Nicole's song, Set The World On Fire, are...

I wanna set the world on fire, until it's burning bright for you. It's everything that I desire. Can I be the one you use?

I put my Worship music playlist on shuffle every morning for my ride to work. And the other day, this song came on first and it got me thinking...

Shouldn't this be the prayer of all Christians? As a follower of Christ, we are called to help fulfill the Great Commission...

Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. - Mark 16:15

Look back at the first sentence of the song...

I wanna set the world on fire, until it's burning bright for you.

Think about that. Our jobs as Christians is to share the Truth of Jesus. We are a vessel through which this Truth lights up the world. 

Or here's another way to think about it... How would you be moving if you were on fire? You wouldn't just calmly walk through life, would you? No. You would be excitedly moving about trying to get it out. 

As Christians, we should be so on fire for Jesus that we can't stand it. We can't sit still. We just have to tell someone about Him. 

God, let this be my prayer...

I wanna set the world on fire, until it's burning bright for you. It's everything that I desire. Can I be the one you use?

No comments:

Post a Comment