Tuesday, January 13, 2015

2000

...not 2

...not 20

...not even 200

No. It was over 2000 people who were killed in the recent massacre in Nigeria. 

Men. Women. Children. All killed.

My heart breaks for them. Why'd they have to die? Why'd they have to lose their lives in such a tragically horrific way?

Where's the justice? the retribution? 

Where's the uproar and concern from the rest of the world? 

The National Championships were played last night. I bet every single news station in the U.S. did a recap/review of the game. 

And I'm sure they also made sure to include the latest celebrity/political gossip. God forbid that doesn't get mentioned. 

But where's the mention of Nigeria? 

Where's the outcry of disgust over the loss of these lives?

Where are the world leaders banding together to put an end to terrorism like they did after the recent attack in Paris?

2000 plus people lost their lives. And very few news stations even mentioned it.

Don't think I'm just bashing the news outlets of my own home/passport country. I'm not. The U.S. is definitely not the only ones ignoring this.

But why?

Why do these 2000 plus lives not deserve the same amount of press coverage as others in similar situations?

Why?

I have my theories...my opinions. But I think I'll keep 'em to myself. 

And all the while...

I'll tell anyone who will listen about the sadness I feel at 2000 plus Nigerian lives lost in a senseless act of terror. 

And even more than that...

I'll pray 

...for justice.
...for peace.
...for comfort.
...for safety.
...for healing.
...for salvation.
...for awareness and concern.

I'll pray for God to wipe out terrorism and replace it with peace. 

I'll pray for God to wipe out hate and replace it with love. 

I'll pray for open eyes and ears and hearts. 

I'll pray for the TRUTH of the ONE TRUE GOD to sweep across the continent of Africa, North America, and beyond. 

Because you know what...

It can happen.

I serve a GREAT BIG GOD!

...and there is NOTHING my GOD can't do!

No comments:

Post a Comment