Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Beautiful

My Photo a Day prompt for today was "Beautiful." So it got me thinking of all the beautiful things I've encountered lately. 

Beauty can come in many different forms. After all, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, right? :)

I looked back through the photos on my phone and found these that embodied the word, beautiful. Photos like...

My brother texted me this one yesterday. It totally looks like my oldest niece is reading to her little sister. How beautifully sweet is that?! :)


Or this one which holds the beautiful memory of driving to work and watching the sunrise the whole way. 


What about this one? To me, there is something beautiful about being on vacation, not having to set an alarm clock, and getting to be lazy and catch up on reading.


Then there's this photo, which shows a beautifully written letter to Santa from an 11 year old boy.


I thought of this picture, and the time spent exploring a beautiful part of the country with a beautiful friend.


On that same trip, I was able admire the beautiful architecture of the capitol building in Texas.


I kept going back and found this photo. Look at the incredibly beautiful details that went into this chair. The guy that made it has such a beautifully creative eye.


I thought of the beauty of the red, white, and blue flag I call mine. I think of the beauty of all our flag stands for.


...or what about Senegal? 5 1/2 years ago Senegal stole my heart. I look at this bracelet and think of all of the beautiful people I met along the way. I think of their beautiful spirits and beautiful hospitality.


Then that made me think of the beauty of friendships, like the one made with this  beautiful lady and her family.


I thought of the beauty of technology allowing me to hear the beautiful laughter of yet another beautiful friend.


And while I was looking through my photos, a song came on the radio. ...a song whose beautiful words inspire me to focus on the truly important parts of Christmas.


Beauty can come in many forms. It can be seen in a person, a memory, a song, and more. We just have to look for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment