Sunday, November 30, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

It's been 6 years since I last spent Thanksgiving with my family. So I was over the moon excited about getting the chance this year :) 


My mom did most of the cooking. I helped some, but let's face it. The kitchen is her domain. So I let her do the cooking like she wanted, and I became her sous chef. :) I enjoyed the fun of hanging out with my mom, talking with her, and just spending that time together.

We ended up with a lot of delicious food. There was turkey, dressing, sweet potato casserole, corn casserole, lima beans, cranberry sauce, deviled eggs, cheddar & garlic biscuits, and a chocolate pecan pie. Yum!


Everybody sat around eating and talking and laughing and just enjoying each other's company. I was in heaven :)

My nieces stole the show, as usual. After all, how could they not? :)


These are the times I missed most while being in Dakar. I missed being with my family, having family get-togethers... I missed being together. 

I am so thankful that God gave me the gift of family for Thanksgiving this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment