Saturday, April 19, 2014

The 105th Dear ____ Post - A.K.A. The Post Where I Write A Letter to My Dad

Dear Dad,

Since tomorrow is your birthday, I decided to make this week's Dear ______ post all about you :)

Look at us way back when...

And here we are this past summer...


Here's the family photo we took this past summer...


I do love those pictures, but I have a Dear _____ post to write...


You're such an amazing dad. You've led Josh and me by example and taught us how a godly person should act. You've protected us. You've watched over us. You've provided for us. You've done it all. You've been a pastor, a teacher, a salesman, a grocery stocker, a prison guard, a student... But the best job of all... You've been a hero. Scratch that. You ARE a hero.


Josh and I are so blessed to have you as our father. We couldn't have hand-picked someone better than you.



You've encouraged and supported us in everything we've done - even when that meant me moving a few thousand miles and an ocean away. They say absence makes the heart grow fonder. I guess so. I've always loved and appreciated you. But living so far away from you for the past 4 1/2 years - especially through all of the struggles you, and our family, have been through - Well, it's made me appreciate your greatness all that much more.



I may be 28 years old, but I'll always be your little girl. And that's a title I'll always cherish.



Love,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment