Sunday, March 30, 2014

Lessons Learned from Disney

I'm 28 years old and just this week finally finished Mary Poppins. I've started it a few times, but never finished it. But now that I have, I'm glad. I really enjoyed it :) And I was thinking last night that one could learn quite a bit from re-watching Disney movies like I've done this week. I know, I know... That's exciting Spring Break fun, isn't it :)

So, here are a few lessons I've learned from the Disney movies I've watched this week.

1. "A spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down."



Romans 12:12 says, Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer

Sometimes life can be difficult. Bad things happen. But, tackling the difficult times (the "medicine") in life with God and joy (the "spoonful of sugar") will help us get through.  

2. Be who God created you to be.




Psalm 139:14 says, I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.

God made each and every one of uniquely. In Frozen, Anna accepted Elsa's unique "gift" and showed her true, unconditional love. And when Elsa could finally accept herself, she could see that and reciprocate. We need to accept ourselves (and others) for how God made us - uniquely, fearfully, and wonderfully made. 

3. Control your temper.




Proverbs 14:29 says People with understanding control their anger; a hot temper shows great foolishness.

In the beginning of Beauty and the Beast, the Beast is very quick to lose his temper, which causes all sorts of problems. But as time goes on, with the help of his animated staff and the beauty, Belle, he learns to control his temper. We need to do the same thing. 



What about you?

What lessons have you learned from Disney movies?

No comments:

Post a Comment