Wednesday, October 16, 2013

A picture is worth a thousand words...


As I was going through my pictures from last week, I came across this one. This little guy was in my class last year. He taught me so much as a teacher. Then I got the joy of teaching him in ESL this year. Last week was his last week at school before going back to his home country.

They say A picture is worth a thousand words. 

This one's saying so much, but the biggest thing it's saying is that I'm going to miss seeing this little guy around campus. I've had to say goodbye to plenty of students in my short time as a teacher. But this goodbye... This one was hard. This one left me wearing my sunglasses so no one would see the tears.

Yes, part of my job is getting students ready to leave my care, to be able to function in the "real world." But, it never gets any easier...

Help me pray for this little guy. ...that he'll re-adjust to life in his home country/village. ...that he'll quickly and easily get reacquainted with relatives and also quickly and easily make friends. ...that he'll cling tight to the love of Jesus and prayer that he has right now. ...that he'll be safe, healthy, and a witness to all those around him. And please also pray for his family and friends here in Senegal.

No comments:

Post a Comment