Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The 74 Dear ____ Post...otherwise known as the '13-'14 Back to School Version

Dear 1st Day of School, You are tomorrow. I can't wait!

Dear New School Supplies, There's just something fun about opening you and laying you out for my students. I was so blessed to receive so much of you this summer from an amazingly supportive church and when I combined you with all the supplies already there, I had the perfect amount of school supply awesomeness :)

Dear Higher Than 5th Grade, This is the first time I'll be teaching anything higher than you. I'd be lying if I said I was not nervous. I'll be teaching students, ranging from 1st grade through 9th grade. So this will be partly new territory for me. But I am so excited for this new adventure. I can't wait!

Dear Polka Dot Duct Tape, You are an amazingly fabulous invention and I love you! You have come in handy so much in decorating my new classroom. Yay for cheap and fun looking decorative items :)

Dear Air Conditioner, Guess who doesn't have you in their classroom. Yep, that's right. I don't. But with that said... I've come to now appreciate the teacher's lounge as a place to work so much more than I ever did before. :)

Dear 1st Grade, I must admit that it made me a little sad today to see our old room all decorated and ready to go for the new teacher, and to know that it's not going to me teaching in there anymore. Don't get me wrong. I'm so excited about teaching ESL. I am. I just didn't realize how sad it'd be to leave elementary... Does that make sense?

Dear Presentation, I had to give you to the staff today during our orientation. I was extremely nervous. Talking in front of adults is scary, you know :) Anyways, I am always my worse critic and was hard on myself as usual. So it was incredibly nice and encouraging to have a few people come up to me later and tell me I did a good job or thanking me for the handout with helpful hints I gave. 

Dear Dakar Academy, You are such a great school to work at. Thanks for that!

Dear Blessing, You're what it is to work in such a great school, to work with such great people, and to be in a Christian environment where Christ is, as He should be of course, the center of it all. I love how very year I'm able to post Bible verses on my wall. I love how I am able to have a Bible sitting on my desk. I love how I can have children's Bibles included in my classroom library. I love how I can be blasting worship music while I'm working late after school in my classroom. What blessings indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment