Thursday, May 23, 2013

Thankful Thursday...Teacher Edition


I'm thankful for so much, but this week I'm focusing on my class. I'm thankful for the 8 children that have been placed into my care this year...

I'm thankful for their...
  • eagerness to learn.
  • kindness towards their peers.
  • acceptance of those different from them.
  • love of life.

I'm thankful for the 
  • hilarious "quotes" and "conversations" I've gained from them throughout the year.
  • numerous pictures drawn, letters written, books made for me to use to "decorate" the wall beside my desk.
  • zillion and one questions they have asked me every. single. day. 

I'm also thankful for how they've made me become a better teacher. This class has challenged me, in a good way, all year. I've learned so much from working with these 8 kids! 

I'm looking forward to my next teaching position on campus. But I'm still a little sad to be leaving my elementary "family." And as my job as a general education elementary teacher is almost over. I can't help but think of all the kids I've taught this far, but especially this class. This class was the last class that I had for 7 hours a day. This class was the last class that, every single day, I welcomed to school first thing in the morning AND said goodbye to at the end of the day. 

This class has been an awesome class. And I am so very grateful for the GIFT of being their teacher this year. We have 6 more school days after today. And since I really HATE goodbyes, I'm trying not to think of having to say goodbye to them next Friday :(

Now, not that they'll read this, but if I were writing to them I'd say...

Dear 1st Graders, Thank you for being such an awesome class this year. Thank you for being such a tight-knit, loving, caring class. Thanks for loving school and learning and each other. Thanks for always wanting to help out, to be a good student, and more importantly, to be a good friend. Thanks for showing God's love to others. Thank you for helping me to become a better teacher. Thank you for the gift of a great year. I can't wait to see where God takes you in the future! Love, Miss Nichols :)

No comments:

Post a Comment