Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The Thanksgiving Edition of a Dear _______ Post


Dear Thanksgiving, You were last week. You were really really nice this year. …so nice in fact, that you warranted having an entire Dear ____ post in your honor.

Dear Delicious, You would be the word I'd use to describe the food I had on Thanksgiving day. There was so much food and it was so delicious! :)

Dear Quite the Mix, You would be the words I'd use to describe the people attending our Thanksgiving meal. There were people from USA, Argentina, and Japan. There were missionaries. There was a Peace Corps girl. There was a nurse. There were English teachers. There were 24 in all if I counted correctly. We were indeed quite the mix, but a fun mix :)

Dear Saint-Louis, You're where I went for Thanksgiving. We drove up Thursday morning and left Saturday afternoon. I think you're a great city. You have beautiful, old architecture. You have all the cool African items for sale. You have beautiful people. You have beautiful water surrounding you. I could keep going... :)

Dear Family I Rode With, I really enjoyed the time getting to know your family a little better, getting to talk with you and your kids, and even hearing them sing the same song over and over. Ha! Seriously, I had a really great time this weekend and am so glad I got to spend this time with y'all. Thank you again!

Dear Cool, You're how I felt most of the weekend. The temperature was so much cooler in Saint-Louis than in Dakar. It was so nice. ...so nice, that I didn't even have to turn the A/C on one night in my hotel room.

Dear Boat Ride, I was nervous about you. I'm not a big fan of boats. ...especially ones that go out in the middle of the ocean and whose drivers don't give you a life jacket. But I actually enjoyed you. Thanks for being fun.

Dear Pain Au Chocolat and Tea, After having you two mornings in a row for breakfast from a cute little bakery on the island, I've decided I want you to be my breakfast every day. Ah...that would be nice :)

Dear Granny Smith (a game), I gave into the peer pressure given to me by the teenagers I was with and bought you for my ipod. I couldn't figure out why a game would be such a big deal. But I do now. You're pretty fun and challenging too.

Dear Cutest Skirt EVER, I bought you for my niece while in Saint-Louis. Oh my word! I can't wait to see it on her. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment