Sunday, October 14, 2012

Teaching the Teacher in Me




I've always considered grading papers my absolute LEAST favorite part of my job. I seriously do not enjoy it at all. I love lesson planning, teaching, doing informal assessments, etc. But to have to sit and actually grade papers...well, I've just never been a fan.  

...but earlier this week, that changed. The Lord seriously pricked my heart about this. While it may not be the most fun thing, it is indeed a necessary part of my job. And the Lord really spoke to me and made me realize that I should use the time while I'm grading to do more than just complain about having to grade papers. I should use this time to pray for my students (...that is, pray for them more than I already do). 

So now, when I'm grading papers, I'm also praying. When I finish a stack of papers, I stop and pray for my students. I pray that God would minister into their little lives. I pray that God would help me to be the best teacher I can be for them. I pray for their families. I pray for their home countries.  And I pray, most of all, for their souls. Whether they come from Christian, Muslim, or any other religion...it doesn't matter. I pray that their little eyes, ears, minds, and hearts would be open to the TRUTH...to accepting Jesus Christ as their personal Savior. 

No comments:

Post a Comment