Monday, July 23, 2012

Special Edition Dear _______ Post - Numbers Edition


Dear 3000, You're approximately how many miles I've driven this summer, as a result of my grad school internship. You gave me lots of time for prayer. You gave me the chance to catch up on some of the latest music through the radio. You've given me no major problems along the way. And you really haven't been that bad. Thanks for that. :)

Dear 17, You're how many years it's been since my family moved away from the area in which I've been staying this summer. It seems like just yesterday. Childhood memories have  been flooding my brain all summer long.

Dear $3.29, You're how much gas was when I filled up my tank the other day. And while I'm happy it hasn't climbed back up to $4, I'm still sad, missing those $2.92 days earlier in the summer.

Dear 34, You're how many 2nd Graders I was able to talk about Senegal to today. Who knows? Maybe the next missionary to Senegal was there. How cool would that be? :)

Dear 1,000,000, You're how many questions (...give or take a few) I was asked by those 2nd graders yesterday. My favorite... "How long did it take you to drive to Africa?"

Dear 2, You're how many semesters I have left of grad school. Woohoo!! :)

Dear May 2013, You're the month in which I'll be graduating with my Master's degree. I'm sad that I'll miss my graduation, since I'll still be in Dakar. Why couldn't you have been a month later? :)

Dear 14, You're exactly how many days are left until my birthday! 

Dear 27, You're how old I'll be on my birthday. ...crazy to think that's true sometimes. :)

Dear 15, You're how many days are left until I leave sweet home Alabama, heading back to Dakar. It's always a little bittersweet. I'm sad to leave this home, my family, and life in the USA. But at the same time, I'm happy to be going back to my other home, my own apartment, my friends, my work, and my ministry.

Dear 8:00, You're what time I'm planning to leave Mobile tomorrow morning, heading back to my parents' house. It's bittersweet. I'm definitely happy to be able to spend my remaining 2 weeks with my family. But, I'm still sad to leave...

No comments:

Post a Comment