Sunday, February 26, 2012

The 1st Dear ____________ Post

I will now be doing a weekly Sunday post, entitled, Dear __________. 

This is where I write mini letters to anything my random, scattered mind thinks up. :) ...and who knows, maybe it'll give you, my faithful readers, a little glimpse into my life. * Oh and I, with permission, stole the idea for these posts from a missionary friend, Jenn. Check her blog out. She and her husband are missionaries in Senegal (and are pretty cool too). :)

And now, without further ado, for the 1st Dear ______________ Post...

Dear Strawberries, You are so delicious! Why do you have to only show up for a little over a month out of the year? I'm hurrying now to eat or freeze as much as I can before you disappear again.

Dear Hot Tea, I'm sorry I've missed out on your goodness all my life. Thanks to a sore throat that's lasted for what seems forever, you and I have been almost constant companions. I especially like you when you let your friends, lemon and honey, join you. Thanks for your help.

Dear 5:00 a.m., You are so early, but I've enjoyed getting to see you more often. Now that I'm waking up with you so I can go walking/jogging, my days seem to be going a lot better.

Dear Proverbs 31:25, I want to be the type of woman you describe. I want to be strong and dignified. I want to laugh, without fear of the future.

Dear Taco Bell, Oh how I miss you! Once or twice a year is definitely not enough. Thankfully, I have a few sauce packets left to use when I make tacos here. Otherwise, my :) would definitely be a :(.

Dear People That Write Me Encouraging Notes, You rock! My love language is definitely encouraging words. I love writing notes to people far more than receiving them, but man, is it nice to get a simple note that says, I'm praying for you or You're doing a good job or anything else! Talk about a mood booster! :)

Dear Senegalese Children Playing Outside My Window, I love hearing you laughing, talking, and playing. I have no clue what you're saying, but it's obvious that you're having the times of your life. You definitely make my afternoons/evenings so much sweeter by hearing your sweet voices.

Dear Flu/Cold/Whatever It Is I Had, I HATE HATE HATE being sick. So, the fact that you've hung around this past week has annoyed me big time. Feel free to leave ASAP! On another note, I am very happy that that bottle of cough syrup caught my eye on my last Target run before I left the States in January. :)

Dear Dirty Dishes, Washing you has always been my least favorite chore. But in the last week or so, I've started looking at my time with you differently. I pray. I sing. I listen to music. I listen to sermon podcasts. I spend time with my Jesus while washing you. Therefore I will say something that will shock my mother and any roommate I've ever had... I, Elisabeth Nichols, actually don't mind washing dishes anymore. You may all show your shocked face. I know. It shocked me too. :)

Dear People Wanting to Travel, Feel free to come and visit me! I'd love to show you my adopted home country. It may be hot and dusty, but it's a lot of fun! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment