Wednesday, July 8, 2009

In 21 days, my life will change...

In exactly 21 days, I will embark on a journey that will forever chnge my life. I will be flying from Atlanta, Georgia to Dakar, Senegal (West Africa) to begin my tenure as a 3rd grade teacher at Dakar Academy. I will also be working alongside Assembly of God missionaries, Tom & Marla McLane, in their ministry there.

Nine years ago God called me to work with children. Since I’d always dreamed of becoming a teacher, I assumed that’s what God had planned for me to do. Four years later, while on a mission trip to South Africa, God furthered that by calling me to the mission field and then the following year He confirmed what I’d been dreaming of. God called me to the mission field of Africa.

The reality of this has finally sunk in. In 3 weeks, I'll be living quite a few miles and an ocean away from my family, friends, church, and the place I currently call "home." I can't wait until the time comes that I am able to call the people I live around, work with, teach, worship with, and minister to, my family, friends, and church...and the place I am moving to "home."

My prayer for today is...

Dear Lord, please use me in a mighty way in this journey. Help me to further your kingdom. Please help me to do and say the right things. Help me to learn from those already there. Help me to make this place I am going to home.

No comments:

Post a Comment